Experienced scholar and advisor for Islamic Finance and Shariah complaint wealth structuring.
Successfully assisted institutions launch Islamic compliant products to serve Muslim consumers in Europe and the Middle East, along with advising funds, families and individuals on shariah related issues including:
- Extensive experience of financial products, product structuring and compliance.
- Proven track record of performing an advisory role on multiple Shariah boards and presenting at financial forums.
- Breadth of experience in advising international organisations ranging from investment firms, to legal, accountancy firms and their clients on Shariah based planning including succession planning in various jurisdictions.
- His highly respected teachers have included the late Professor Wahba Al-Zuhayli, the late Professor Mustafa Azami, Mufti Taqi Usmani, Dr Shaykh Nizam Yaqoubi and many others.
- Served as a senior lecturer in Islamic Transactions and Comparative Jurisprudence at the Islamic University of Beirut.
- Shariah board for Inovalis Islamic REIT Funds (2016-2020).
- Vice Chairman of Al-Qalam, advisory panel in Islamic finance.
- Advising on Shariah compliant succession planning and wealth structures internationally with law firms including BCLP (2010 to date) (Clyde & Co, Norton Rose Fulbright, Collas Crill, PWC) and family offices.
- Executive member of the Shariah Supervisory Board, Gate House Bank, UK (2007- 2011).
- Shariah Board member for a fund, Gulf Finance House, UK (2009).
- Shariah Supervisory Board, Europe Arab Bank (2009-2011).
- Advisory panel of “The World Retail Islamic Banking Conference”.
- Islamic Finance and Banking Advisory Board, University of East London, Centre for Islamic Finance and Banking (2014-2016).
- Advisory Board of the Association of Muslim Lawyers U.K (AML) (2015-16).